The worst thing about Thanksgiving is that at some point, it has to stop being Thanksgiving. But through the power of leftovers, it can keep being Thanksgiving for a whole extra week (even longer if you really believe in your gastrointestinal fortitude). Grab some turkey and a good sharp cheddar and go nuts.
THE TURKEY NUT
- 3 slices leftover turkey
- 2 slices extra sharp cheddar
- ½ golden delicious apple, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 c baby spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 slices walnut bread
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spread mayo on one slice of bread. Sprinkle the chopped walnuts onto the mayo.
- Layer on the turkey, apple slices, cheddar, and spinach onto the same slice of bread.
- Salt and pepper to taste, and top with the second slice of bread.
- Eat as is, or panini the entire thing until the cheddar runs onto the grill surface for a delicious leftover melt.