Sometimes, you've got everything you need to make a perfect breakfast sandwich.
Other times, you wake up hungover and just need eggs, cheese, and greasy meat on bagel, stat.
It was a time like that that inspired the Salami Egg And Cheese.
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tbsp yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp red pepper, chopped
- 2 tsp basil olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp blue cheddar cheese, crumbled
- 3 slices of salami
- Kosciusko mustard
- Everything bagel, sliced
- Toast the bagel.
- While toasting the bagel, simmer the garlic, onions, and peppers in the olive oil until the onions soften.
- Crack the eggs and crumble the blue cheddar into the pan and scramble till your preferred yolky runniness.
- Once the bagel is toasted as much as you like, spread Kosciusko and sriracha on either side. Lay out the eggs on the bagel and simmer the salami for one minute, and spread on top of the eggs.
- Stack the other half of the bagel on top, cut it all in half. Take a picture and post it to your sandwich blog.