Your cheeseburgers are weak, America.
Oh, they're delicious. And they're cheesy. But... they're unimaginative.
When we looked at two already-delicious things, grilled beef and cheese, the best we could come up with was, "let's put the one thing on top of the other thing."
And... and isn't that just lazy? Did the Wright Brothers look at the sky and say, "Huh, guess that's what's up there"? Did Henry Ford look at horse drawn carriages and say, "Good enough"?
HELL NO, AMERICA. WE DESERVE A BETTER CHEESEBURGER, AND CHEESEBURGERS DESERVE BETTER FROM US.
Why stop at cheese on top of the burger? Why not cheese inside the burger? WHY NOT BOTH, AMERICA??
This summer, have the cheeseburger you deserve. This summer, have the cheeseburger you want.
This summer, the cheese is coming from inside the burger.
INGREDIENTS (makes 6 patties)
- 1.5 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c shredded cheddar
- 1/2 c shredded mozzarella
- 1 oz Sazon Goya
- 6 slices muenster
- 6 rolls
- toppings as you prefer
- Mix ground beef, shredded cheese, and spice in a large bowl until fully combined.
- Make 6 palm-sized (roughly 3 inches in diameter) patties from the beef.
- Slice the rolls in half horizontally.
- Grill over high heat for 3 minutes, or until juices start rising from the top of the patties, and flip.
- Place one slice of muenster over each pattie and let melt.
- Place the buns, cut side down, over a low-heat area of your fire, for 30 seconds (longer if you like a charred bun).
- Remove patties from heat after 2 minutes (longer if you like your meat more well done).
- Spread mayonnaise on one side of bun, ketchup on the other.
- Place burger on top of bun and layer on toppings as you desire. (I used onions and pickles.)
- Slice in half and get a good, oozy picture of that bad boy. You've earned it.